Report of the brief meeting of Alumni delegates with the Deputy Provost and Chaplain Rev. Fr. (Dr.) Vincent Olofinkua on Saturday, 24th April 2021 at his office, St. Augustine College of Education.
🔹Mr. Augustine Mary Ikalume
🔹Mr. Kingsley Ejiogu
🔹Mrs. Benedicta Nwakwo and
🔹Mrs Bernadette Ihejirika
The Deputy Provost and Chaplain, Rev. Fr. (Dr.) Vincent Olofinkua welcomed the delegates. He intimated us of his visit to the University of Ibadan and all that has been put in place for the smooth running of the college and to serve the Alumni better.
Purpose of the Alumni in the institution
No institution can be developed without the supports and cooperation of its Alumnus. Hence, the purpose of the wake-up call for the Alumni Association cannot be overemphasized in the following areas:
- To build a good relationship with the college.
- To be recognized by the college through their contributions to the growth and development of the college.
- To collaborate with the college in all areas.
- To contribute to the development of college by creating/coming up with projects that will be of great benefit to the institution that is within their power. The U.I cut-off Mark still remains 200.
The following issues were also addressed:
- Non-availability of graduates certificate delay in the processing of transcripts as at when needed.
- building a good rapport with the officials at the University of Ibadan.
- A liaison officer has been allocated to the college at the university to attend to the needs of the college.
Alumni office: An office has been allocated to the Alumni in the college. It is the responsibility of the Alumni to:
i. To furnished/equip the office.
ii. To employ and pay the salary of a staff that will maintain and running the affairs of the office such as:
- Attending to the request and follow-up with Alumni demands.
- Ensure that their request /needs from the college and the U.I are met without any hitch/delay.
Other issues discussed include:
4. Opening of telegram for the group to accommodate all Alumni of the college/ U.I.
5. The hostel: The formality for the return of the hostel back to the college is in process.
6. Advocacy Campaign: Such as radio jingle, T.V. adverts in the newspapers, and distribution of college flyers to the targeted areas like parishes, communities, organizations, and offices should be considered.
7. The college’s Facebook, email, and website are currently functioning.
8. All the Alumni priests of the college would be invited to celebrate mass on the meeting day that is likely to be in the second or third week in July.